How we spend our không tính tiền time tells a lot about our personality and energy levels. Many interviewers may inquire about your hobbies, or what you enjoy doing when you aren’t working. They try to understand who you are, and what they can expect from you in work. The question can be put in many different ways, for example “Please describe three activities that you most enjoy in your không tính tiền time“, or “What bởi you enjoy doing on weekends?“, or “What bởi you lượt thích lớn bởi outside of work?”
At the kết thúc of the day though, they are always asking about the same thing, and the 7 sample answers on my list will work for any wording of the question. Below the answers you will find a short analysis of this question, and a few suggestions that should help you formulate your perfect interview answer lớn this question.
Bạn đang xem: what do you like to do in your freetime
Sample answers lớn “What bởi you enjoy doing in your leisure time?” interview question
- I enjoy going for a walk, or for a hike in the nature. As a market research analyst I spend most of my days in front of a computer, which obviously isn’t the healthiest thing. That’s why I try lớn minimize the screen time when outside of work, to give my eyes and my back a rest that they deserve. Basically you can say that I enjoy being outside and moving when I am not working.
- I love lớn read books on human psychology, real stories, and also philosophical novels. First of all I enjoy reading them, but I also believe that they help má lớn broaden my horizons, and lớn learn a lot of things which I can use in my work in sales. If nothing else, they help má improve on my vocabulary and communication skills, and also they help my mind relax a bit.
- To be honest with you, outside of work I simply enjoy lying on a couch, reading a good book, or watching a good movie. In my present employment I bởi a lot of physical work, and typically arrive trang chủ tired. I learned lớn listen lớn my body toàn thân and it demands rest, sánh I give it lớn it. On weekends, however, I lượt thích lớn bởi short trips or ride a motorbike in the countryside.
- Leisure time? I bởi not really have any, lớn be honest. My kids are still small, and once I come back from work I try lớn be with them as much as I can. They demand attention, and I try lớn play with them and answer all their questions, because I know it matters for them. I bởi not want lớn say that I bởi not enjoy my time with them–quite the contrary, it’s great. But it’s not really a leisure time. Anyway, that’s life, I enjoy my role of a father, and sánh far I’ve managed lớn bởi a good job both as an employee and a family man. I hope lớn continue in the same trend in your company, if you hire má, of course.
* May also interest you: 15 most common interview questions and answers.
- In my không tính tiền time, and especially on weekends, I enjoy socializing. Going out for a cup of coffee or for some healthy snack, meeting friends. My work is a sort of a lonely ride, and when I am not working I try lớn trang điểm for the time I spend alone. But it’s not only about drinking or having fun. I also try lớn help my friends, with whatever they need. Someone builds a house, another one needs a help with his xế hộp repair, and sánh on. I bởi what I can.
- Sports are my greatest passion. When I have some không tính tiền time, I take a bicycle and go for a ride, or hit the swimming pool and spend an hour in the water. I try lớn have a healthy lifestyle. Considering how much time we spend sitting in work, I try lớn move as much I can while I am not working. It’s my way of staying healthy, and sánh far it’s been working great.
- This really depends on my mood and energy levels. On some days I feel great and try lớn organize something for friends, or I work in the garden, or just walk around enjoying the sunshine. On some other days, however, I am tiered. That’s the time lớn just listen lớn some music, or watch a documentary movie on my máy vi tính, or even sleep… The three activities that I most enjoy in my không tính tiền time though gardening, socializing, and sleeping.
Your outside of work activities can help you connect with your interviewers
Hiring managers and recruiters are people, just lượt thích you or má. They also have their hobbies and activities they enjoy doing in their leisure time.
And just lượt thích everyone else, they enjoy spending time with people who think on the same wavelength, and perhaps share the same passion for something (be it art, sports, anything).
Before you interview for a job, try lớn check their LinkedIn profiles or even Facebook profiles online. Check the professional groups they belong lớn, stuff they post about. This should give you an idea of the activities they enjoy doing in their leisure time. And if you share any passion with them, mention it when they inquire about your leisure time activities. Shared passion can be a bridge you can walk across to win them over, and lớn subsequently win your new job contract.
* Special Tip: This questions is relatively easy, but you will face many tricky questions while interviewing for any decent job. Questions about prioritization, dealing with pressure, dealing with ambiguity, and other tricky scenarios that happen in the workplace. If you want lớn make sure that you stand out with your answers and outclass your competitors, have a look at our Interview Success Package. Up lớn 10 premium answers to 31 tricky scenario based questions (+ more) will make your life much easier in the interviews. Thank you for checking it out!
Active lifestyle will always win you some extra points
Employers know the statistics, and the Achilles heel of today’s average worker. People are sick ever more often. We struggle with energy levels, and without a cup of coffee in the morning many of us wouldn’t even be able lớn leave the house… We battle with illnesses and addictions.
If you devote yourself lớn any activities that promote good health–walking, power hiking, running, cycling, yoga, meditation, and other, you should definitely mention it in your interview. Even if you are just starting (or perhaps you only went for your first lập cập yesterday), you should still mention it.
Companies prefer lớn hire people with high energy levels, people who won’t be sick every other week. Ensure them that you bởi what you can lớn stay healthy.
Learning never stops for the best in any field
Another leisure time activity that will impress the interviewers is learning. World evolves quickly (actually the pace is quite crazy). A technology or an information that made wonders for us a year ago may fail lớn deliver any results today. People who never stop learning (and enjoy the process) are the best employees.
Now, this doesn’t mean that you have lớn enroll in ten online courses, or read five new books each month. It’s just about saying that perhaps you enjoy checking industry news in your leisure time, or sometimes travel lớn a conference or watch a documentary on weekends, or anything. Your attitude matters for the interviewers. If they see that you enjoy learning new things in your leisure time, you will win some extra points for your interview answer.
Xem thêm: nguyên tắc tập trung dân chủ là gì
* Do not forget lớn check: What tasks bởi you not enjoy doing? 7 sample answers.
Having no spare time is also fine (and a sad reality of many of us :))
If you have a family, or care for someone else after work (your elderly mother, for example), or even have another job (part time waiter in a restaurant, for example), you can calmly say lớn you bởi not have any leisure time, as long as you explain why.
Once you show them that you are a responsible mother or father, or son, or that you have your goals (or debts) and bởi not mind working extra hours each day lớn make some extra cash, you present yourself as an responsible individual, someone they would be able lớn rely on. And that’s important for each employer…
Conclusion, sample answers lớn more difficult interview questions
Each interview answer is important. The activities that we enjoy doing in our không tính tiền time tell a lot about our personality, and attitude lớn other people, work, and life.
Try lớn show them that you aren’t bored from life, that you bởi not live only lớn work. You enjoy your spare time, bởi something for your health, some passion still burns within you, at least for some activities.
Last but not least, if you identify a hobby you share with your interviewer, talk about it in an interview. It can help you lớn connect with them on a rather personal level, and such connection is priceless for your eventual success in the interview…
Ready lớn answer this one, but not ready yet lớn ace your interview? Check our Interview Success Package 2.0 for sample answers lớn 104 interview questions–including all tricky scenario-based questions. Learn how lớn answer all difficult questions, impress the hiring managers, and leave them with one option only–to offer you a job at the kết thúc of the interview.
May also interest you:
- What bởi you lượt thích lớn bởi for fun?
- What bởi you lượt thích the least about your job?
- How would you describe your personality?
- Recent Posts
Xem thêm: quốc gia có diện tích lớn nhất thế giới
Matthew has been working in international recruitment since 2008. He helps job seekers from all walks of life lớn pursue their career goals, and lớn prepare for their interviews. He is the founder of InterviewPenguin.com trang web.
Latest posts by Matthew Chulaw (see all)