How we spend our miễn phí time tells a lot about our personality and energy levels. Many interviewers may inquire about your hobbies, or what you enjoy doing when you aren’t working. They try to understand who you are, and what they can expect from you in work. The question can be put in many different ways, for example “Please describe three activities that you most enjoy in your miễn phí time“, or “What tự you enjoy doing on weekends?“, or “What tự you lượt thích to tướng tự outside of work?”
Bạn đang xem: what do you like to do in your free time
At the over of the day though, they are always asking about the same thing, and the 7 sample answers on my list will work for any wording of the question. Below the answers you will find a short analysis of this question, and a few suggestions that should help you formulate your perfect interview answer to tướng this question.
Sample answers to tướng “What tự you enjoy doing in your leisure time?” interview question
- I enjoy going for a walk, or for a hike in the nature. As a market research analyst I spend most of my days in front of a computer, which obviously isn’t the healthiest thing. That’s why I try to tướng minimize the screen time when outside of work, to give my eyes and my back a rest that they deserve. Basically you can say that I enjoy being outside and moving when I am not working.
- I love to tướng read books on human psychology, real stories, and also philosophical novels. First of all I enjoy reading them, but I also believe that they help bu to tướng broaden my horizons, and to tướng learn a lot of things which I can use in my work in sales. If nothing else, they help bu improve on my vocabulary and communication skills, and also they help my mind relax a bit.
- To be honest with you, outside of work I simply enjoy lying on a couch, reading a good book, or watching a good movie. In my present employment I tự a lot of physical work, and typically arrive trang chính tired. I learned to tướng listen to tướng my body toàn thân and it demands rest, sánh I give it to tướng it. On weekends, however, I lượt thích to tướng tự short trips or ride a motorbike in the countryside.
- Leisure time? I tự not really have any, to tướng be honest. My kids are still small, and once I come back from work I try to tướng be with them as much as I can. They demand attention, and I try to tướng play with them and answer all their questions, because I know it matters for them. I tự not want to tướng say that I tự not enjoy my time with them–quite the contrary, it’s great. But it’s not really a leisure time. Anyway, that’s life, I enjoy my role of a father, and sánh far I’ve managed to tướng tự a good job both as an employee and a family man. I hope to tướng continue in the same trend in your company, if you hire bu, of course.
* May also interest you: 15 most common interview questions and answers.
- In my miễn phí time, and especially on weekends, I enjoy socializing. Going out for a cup of coffee or for some healthy snack, meeting friends. My work is a sort of a lonely ride, and when I am not working I try to tướng trang điểm for the time I spend alone. But it’s not only about drinking or having fun. I also try to tướng help my friends, with whatever they need. Someone builds a house, another one needs a help with his xế hộp repair, and sánh on. I tự what I can.
- Sports are my greatest passion. When I have some miễn phí time, I take a bicycle and go for a ride, or hit the swimming pool and spend an hour in the water. I try to tướng have a healthy lifestyle. Considering how much time we spend sitting in work, I try to tướng move as much I can while I am not working. It’s my way of staying healthy, and sánh far it’s been working great.
- This really depends on my mood and energy levels. On some days I feel great and try to tướng organize something for friends, or I work in the garden, or just walk around enjoying the sunshine. On some other days, however, I am tiered. That’s the time to tướng just listen to tướng some music, or watch a documentary movie on my máy tính xách tay, or even sleep… The three activities that I most enjoy in my miễn phí time though gardening, socializing, and sleeping.
Your outside of work activities can help you connect with your interviewers
Hiring managers and recruiters are people, just lượt thích you or bu. They also have their hobbies and activities they enjoy doing in their leisure time.
And just lượt thích everyone else, they enjoy spending time with people who think on the same wavelength, and perhaps share the same passion for something (be it art, sports, anything).
Before you interview for a job, try to tướng check their LinkedIn profiles or even Facebook profiles online. Check the professional groups they belong to tướng, stuff they post about. This should give you an idea of the activities they enjoy doing in their leisure time. And if you share any passion with them, mention it when they inquire about your leisure time activities. Shared passion can be a bridge you can walk across to win them over, and to tướng subsequently win your new job contract.
* Special Tip: This questions is relatively easy, but you will face many tricky questions while interviewing for any decent job. Questions about prioritization, dealing with pressure, dealing with ambiguity, and other tricky scenarios that happen in the workplace. If you want to tướng make sure that you stand out with your answers and outclass your competitors, have a look at our Interview Success Package. Up to tướng 10 premium answers to 31 tricky scenario based questions (+ more) will make your life much easier in the interviews. Thank you for checking it out!
Active lifestyle will always win you some extra points
Employers know the statistics, and the Achilles heel of today’s average worker. People are sick ever more often. We struggle with energy levels, and without a cup of coffee in the morning many of us wouldn’t even be able to tướng leave the house… We battle with illnesses and addictions.
If you devote yourself to tướng any activities that promote good health–walking, power hiking, running, cycling, yoga, meditation, and other, you should definitely mention it in your interview. Even if you are just starting (or perhaps you only went for your first lập cập yesterday), you should still mention it.
Companies prefer to tướng hire people with high energy levels, people who won’t be sick every other week. Ensure them that you tự what you can to tướng stay healthy.
Learning never stops for the best in any field
Another leisure time activity that will impress the interviewers is learning. World evolves quickly (actually the pace is quite crazy). A technology or an information that made wonders for us a year ago may fail to tướng deliver any results today. People who never stop learning (and enjoy the process) are the best employees.
Now, this doesn’t mean that you have to tướng enroll in ten online courses, or read five new books each month. It’s just about saying that perhaps you enjoy checking industry news in your leisure time, or sometimes travel to tướng a conference or watch a documentary on weekends, or anything. Your attitude matters for the interviewers. If they see that you enjoy learning new things in your leisure time, you will win some extra points for your interview answer.
Xem thêm: minh beta việt nam ơi lời bài hát
* Do not forget to tướng check: What tasks tự you not enjoy doing? 7 sample answers.
Having no spare time is also fine (and a sad reality of many of us :))
If you have a family, or care for someone else after work (your elderly mother, for example), or even have another job (part time waiter in a restaurant, for example), you can calmly say to tướng you tự not have any leisure time, as long as you explain why.
Once you show them that you are a responsible mother or father, or son, or that you have your goals (or debts) and tự not mind working extra hours each day to tướng make some extra cash, you present yourself as an responsible individual, someone they would be able to tướng rely on. And that’s important for each employer…
Conclusion, sample answers to tướng more difficult interview questions
Each interview answer is important. The activities that we enjoy doing in our miễn phí time tell a lot about our personality, and attitude to tướng other people, work, and life.
Try to tướng show them that you aren’t bored from life, that you tự not live only to tướng work. You enjoy your spare time, tự something for your health, some passion still burns within you, at least for some activities.
Last but not least, if you identify a hobby you share with your interviewer, talk about it in an interview. It can help you to tướng connect with them on a rather personal level, and such connection is priceless for your eventual success in the interview…
Ready to tướng answer this one, but not ready yet to tướng ace your interview? Check our Interview Success Package 2.0 for sample answers to tướng 104 interview questions–including all tricky scenario-based questions. Learn how to tướng answer all difficult questions, impress the hiring managers, and leave them with one option only–to offer you a job at the over of the interview.
May also interest you:
- What tự you lượt thích to tướng tự for fun?
- What tự you lượt thích the least about your job?
- How would you describe your personality?
- Recent Posts
Matthew has been working in international recruitment since 2008. He helps job seekers from all walks of life to tướng pursue their career goals, and to tướng prepare for their interviews. He is the founder of InterviewPenguin.com trang web.
Latest posts by Matthew Chulaw (see all)
Xem thêm: vẽ tranh chủ đề ươc mơ của em